Medium-duty cleaners are the most versatile pressure cleaners on the market. They cost anywhere between $150 and $400 and produce a pressure of about 1700 and 2800 PSI, which is equivalent to 40 times the strength of a regular garden hose.
With all that cleaning power do you even need to use soap or detergent to clean? Read on to find out.
Medium-duty pressure washers are the most versatile cleaners you can ever find. With the right washer nozzle attachment, you can use them as a home pressure washer or commercial pressure washer.
What Does Medium-Duty Pressure Cleaner Guarantee?
A $200 or $300 investment on a medium-duty washer can do a lot for you if you own a home or a small business. It can be used as a pressure washer for cars and much more at home. If the cleaning surface at your home or place of work is made of concrete or brick, just look at our step by step guide on how to clean it.
If you fancy earning a couple of dollars every week, you can rent out your cleaner to your neighbors or do the cleaning service for them for a small fee. All in all, a medium-duty cleaner is a significant investment. It will save you so much time and energy when cleaning your home, workplace or your neighbors’ property.
How To Best Use Medium-Duty Pressure Washers
As far as cleaning is concerned, no task is too big or too small for medium duty cleaners. Here are some ways you can make maximum use of your pressure washer:
- Sidewalks and Driveways: If you thought cleaning your driveway or sidewalk with a light-duty pressure washer was comfortable, a medium cleaner will blow your mind. A medium-duty cleaner will not only clean in half the time but will also clean better.If your driveway or sidewalk is in a terrible condition, you can opt to use pressure washer wands, and detergent concentrates to get the best results.
- Garden Fences and Wooden Decks: Dirty garden fences and wooden decks can be unsightly, and when left in that state for an extended period, they lead to a significant depreciation in property value. They accumulate a lot of dirt, which covers paint and attracts ants and other insects.When cleaning your wooden garden fences or wooden decks, you need to use a wide-angle spray tip if you wish to preserve the status of the wood. Wide-angle spray tips produce a gentle stream of water that cannot cause damage to the sensitive surface. Refer to our spray tip color code guide to learn what the different washer nozzles are used for.
- Exterior Walls of House:The exterior walls of the house are exposed to much filth, from mildew to dirt caused by pets or children playing. If you own a one or two-story home, simply fit an extension wand on your pressure washer. A telescoping washer wand will extend the reach of your pressure washer hose to make it easier to clean from the ground.
These are just some of the typical applications of medium-duty cleaners. Our wash guide covers many other applications such as cleaning a swimming pool and more.
Gas or Electrically-Powered?
With medium-duty cleaners, you can choose between a gas washer or an electric washer. Let us now explore both options to give you a better sense of which motor suits you well.
1. Electric-Powered Washers
Let’s start with the positives. Electric washers are cheaper and operate more quietly than gas cleaners. They are also more self-sufficient and don’t require you to keep adding gas to them to run. Also, unlike gas washers, they don’t overheat.
On to the negatives, electric cleaners are less powerful and less durable than gas cleaners. Also, despite their lightweight nature, their electric cables limits their portability. They have to be connected near electrical outlets and cannot operate when there is a power outage.
Types of Pressure Washer Electric Motors
- Universal: Light, compact and highly portable. They are cheap and used on most power tools.
- Induction: They are heavy, bulky, rigid, powerful and durable. They are expensive and therefore used on industrial power tools.
Types of Pressure Washer Pumps
- Wobble: Uses Piston shafts to pump out water. Mostly used in the light-duty cleaners.
- Axial: Uses Piston shafts to pump out water. Mostly used in medium-duty cleaners .
- Triplex: Produce between 1700 and 2800 PSI and as such are commonly used in industrial-based cleaners.
2. Gas-Powered Washers
Gas pressure washers are super-powerful cleaners. These cleaners are more effective at intensive cleaning jobs such as cleaning driveways or peeling old paint off curbs. Gas cleaners are also ideal for jobs that require you to spray water further such as cleaning the walls of a two-story building from the ground.
Despite all the benefits of their cleaning power, gas pressure cleaners are not for everyone as they can be a pain in the neck when it comes to operating them. Not only are they loud, but also produce lots of vibrations and combustions fumes. Worse still, they are expensive to purchase and maintain.
Types of Pressure Washer Gas Engines
- OHC: Small, compact and designed with less moving parts to increase power and reduce wear and tear within the engine. Ideal for power tools that require small engines.
- OHV: Small and compact build. OHV engines are cheap and outdated.
Choosing The Best Medium-Tier Pressure Cleaner
In this section, we will choose the best of each world to make it easier for you to make a buying decision no matter what your preferences are.
1. Generac 6922 – Best Gas Pressure Washer
The Generac 6922 pressure washer is one of the latest additions to Generac’s extensive line of products. It serves as the latest example of Generac’s long list of robust washers that provide top class cleaning performance.
The 6922 model is the most powerful medium-tier pressure washer on the market. It features a potent OHV gas motor that dispels water at the rate of 2.4 GPM at 2800 PSI. And at a price that is less than $300, there is no doubt that the Generac 6922 is the best investment you can make.
2. AR Blue Clean AR383 – Best Electric Pressure Washer
The AR383 has a lot going for it; when you consider its cleaning power and its price, it is easy to see why this electric cleaner is popular with consumers. It is also rated as the easiest to use. This is because of its lightweight nature, wheels, and hose reel which all play a part in enhancing its portability.
Its universal motor powers combine with its Annovi Riverberi (Italian-made) aluminum pump to produce 1900 PSI and 2.5 GPM. The best part is that you get all of its elegance, power, and reliability at just $150. The electric motor of the AR383 means you can use it indoors or poorly ventilated places without the risk of suffocating yourself to death.
1. We sourced the information on the Generac 6922 pressure washer from Generac’s website which also consists a long list of the company’s products. If you wish to learn more about the 6922 washers, simply download the user guide from the same source.
2. The AR383 pressure cleaner is a favorite cleaner among users and as such many websites and blogs have reviewed it. However, you can find the most authentic information about it as well as instructions on how to use it on AR Blue Clean’s Website.